Located in Bordeaux, the CAPC is the leading Contemporary Art Museum in the South West region of France and is part of the leader museum in Contemporary Art curation in France.
To celebrate the 50th year of partnership between the cities of Bordeaux and Los Angeles, the CAPC exchanged home-artists with L.A. artists and create a curated exhibition and events on the partnership.
I've been commissioned to create a "identity capsule", meaning creating all the graphics and identity of the exhibition and all the events that would be on about this particular event only for several months.
The requirements included:
- staying on-brand with the active museum's identity
- but making sure that it has its own blood and identity as well (that it's not just a CACP regular event)
- to keep in mind that concept of leadership position on the art scene in the region
- to look strong, bold and different
- to use work from the curated artists coming from L.A. as an influence to create the identity
Activity Report linked to the partnership with L.A.